Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site dedicated to the Brotherhood of Battle community.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anything Music

Go down 
+2
Cool Coyote
Pwnd.xD™
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pwnd.xD™
Junior Swordsman
Pwnd.xD™

Anything Music Empty
PostSubject: Anything Music   Anything Music I_icon_minitime03.07.09 11:05

Feel free to discuss anything having to do with music. Whether it be an instrument you play, a song you have stuck in your head, or just general questions about music, it all belongs here!

I'll start this off with telling you all that I am a guitarist. I've been playing for about 4 or 5 years now. I've been playing with my youth's praise team for the past year now. I enjoy a little bit of everything but mainly alternative and emo/acoustic type music is my preferred style to play/listen to.
Back to top Go down
Cool Coyote
The Guardian
Cool Coyote

Anything Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything Music   Anything Music I_icon_minitime03.07.09 11:28

Same here... playing acoustic guitar has been one of my hobbies for some time now.

Still stuck at getting a grip of smooth and correct chord playing, though. So I'm momentarily just playing random melodies on my Fender. That guitar cost me some hefty money, so I better be serious about it... Embarassed

Here, a site which I found to be very helpful for both novice and already experienced guitarists, either acoustic or electric. Lots of useful content and free of charge (just click on the pic for direct link):

Anything Music Justinguitar_edited

P.S.:
As for music itself, I prefer rock. 70's and 80's are my favorite.
Back to top Go down
https://battle-bros.forumotion.net
MçNutNut
Senior Swordsman
MçNutNut

Anything Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything Music   Anything Music I_icon_minitime03.07.09 16:17

Ive been playing the drums for 7 years now but i will never join a band. i figured that if I did it would be over quickly. What i found out with most teen bands is that they last a week or a month. So it is not worth it.

Here are my Top 6 Bands That I Listen To All The Time:

1.) Linkin park - All
2.) Drowning Pool - All
3.) Disturbed - All - De BEST: The Game & Enemy Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
4.) Apocalyptica - I Don't Care
5.) breaking Benjamin - All
6.) Drowning Pool - Rise Up & All Over Me Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

# 6 deserved it own xD

bands you probably know already but maybe not familiar with the songs. Maybe you will listen to them ^^

Others i Like:
1.) Kreo - Burn For You - A MUST LISTEN TO- If you cant find it then i will post vid on forum.
2.) The Chemical Brothers - Most
3.) Daft Punk - All
4.) Alice Deejay - All - (<----- thats how wnats to be spelled deejay so dont cmment plz)
5.) Darude - All
6.) East Clubbers - All - OMG ESPACIALLY DROP - Drop is a MUST listen to

Last edited by MçNutNut on 03.07.09 18:35; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MçNutNut
Senior Swordsman
MçNutNut

Anything Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything Music   Anything Music I_icon_minitime03.07.09 16:58

good song hope you like it ^^

I can actually relate this song to my actual life.. it brings back bad memories though...
Back to top Go down
Cool Coyote
The Guardian
Cool Coyote

Anything Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything Music   Anything Music I_icon_minitime03.07.09 19:36

MçNutNut wrote:
Ive been playing the drums for 7 years now but i will never join a band. i figured that if I did it would be over quickly. What i found out with most teen bands is that they last a week or a month. So it is not worth it.

So you've started drumming at 11. Awesome.

And yeah, I agree on such kind of bands - most of them tend to fall apart relatively soon. Although it of course depends on the people and their dedication to the whole thing.

P.S.: Interesting song. I'd recommend you Offspring's Smash album. I think you might like it - used to be my favorite group when I was 15 or so... smash 'em all, baby! Head Poke

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pwnd.xD™
Junior Swordsman
Pwnd.xD™

Anything Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything Music   Anything Music I_icon_minitime03.07.09 21:48

Nice to learn a little bit about you guys. Also as for the equipment I use, I don't own anything too special.. But I've been saving up for this for a little while.

I plan on getting this sometime this month.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Takamine-TF450GC-Sante-Fe-NEX-Flame-Maple-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-511972-i1323870.gc

It's an absolute beauty. <3
Back to top Go down
Cool Coyote
The Guardian
Cool Coyote

Anything Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything Music   Anything Music I_icon_minitime03.07.09 23:53

Pwnd.xD™ wrote:
It's an absolute beauty. <3

A beauty indeed.

Quality can be awfully costly when it comes to guitars. I've spent roughly 350 € in total on my Fender, and yet it's nothing compared to the cost of a pro guitar. Still, it serves me well and more or less covers my beginner needs, so I'm satisfied.

P.S.:
How long did it take you to learn smooth chord playing, if you still remember? Practicing one to two hours a week is best I can manage... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pwnd.xD™
Junior Swordsman
Pwnd.xD™

Anything Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything Music   Anything Music I_icon_minitime13.07.09 3:04

One or two hours a week? Ouch that would be tough. Took me idk, prob about a month or two, but I played a hour or so everyday. Over time it just becomes natural really. Though it still took me months to properly get the F chord, and then there's plenty of variations of chords and such.
Back to top Go down
Cool Coyote
The Guardian
Cool Coyote

Anything Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything Music   Anything Music I_icon_minitime13.07.09 16:13

Pwnd.xD™ wrote:
One or two hours a week? Ouch that would be tough. Took me idk, prob about a month or two, but I played a hour or so everyday. Over time it just becomes natural really. Though it still took me months to properly get the F chord, and then there's plenty of variations of chords and such.

Yeah - ouch.

The problem is my Fender has a bent neck, only slightly but still enough that playing most chords became a pain as my fingers tend to touch strings nearest to those which I have to press and hold down in order to successfully play the chosen chord.

During the first couple of months I used to leave my guitar tuned at all times and didn't worry that this might bend the neck due to constant pressure. Now it's probably too late to do anything about it and the toughness of performing anything decent on guitar now usually shuns me away from practicing as it now mostly means me struggling to wriggle my fingers in most unnatural positions. Middle of the neck is pretty much unplayable.

I also thought about fixing the problem myself, but after watching couple of videos on how to repair bent necks and reading through instructions and suggestions I could find I abandoned the idea as there's a risk of completely destroying the guitar.
Back to top Go down
Lethal
Junior Swordsman
Lethal

Anything Music Empty
PostSubject: Anything Music   Anything Music I_icon_minitime28.07.09 2:51

I do play an instrument... I play piano. I was wondering if anyone else here does? Question
Back to top Go down
GoGoGo.QP.SoLO
Senior Swordsman
GoGoGo.QP.SoLO

Anything Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything Music   Anything Music I_icon_minitime15.04.10 22:08

Three Days Grace RoXz lol! !I cant stop listening it.
Back to top Go down
d.a.t.s.
Hedge Knight
d.a.t.s.

Anything Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything Music   Anything Music I_icon_minitime24.04.10 4:19

If i only had drums lol i has acoustic.

Anyway i listen to metalcore mainly All that Remains and Killswitch Engage.
Back to top Go down
GoGoGo.QP.SoLO
Senior Swordsman
GoGoGo.QP.SoLO

Anything Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything Music   Anything Music I_icon_minitime10.06.10 22:29

Sum 41,And Toby Mac (Phenomenal is one of my fav. songs by them Cool ) roxz too!! cheers
Back to top Go down
d.a.t.s.
Hedge Knight
d.a.t.s.

Anything Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything Music   Anything Music I_icon_minitime13.06.10 17:28

well an awesome new band I've found is

Mumford and Sons i am in love with here song little lion man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anything Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything Music   Anything Music I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anything Music
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Category :: The Inn-
Jump to: