Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site dedicated to the Brotherhood of Battle community.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions and Ideas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MçNutNut
Senior Swordsman
MçNutNut

Suggestions and Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Ideas   Suggestions and Ideas I_icon_minitime03.07.09 18:39

Suggestions and Ideas 600px-Knights_Templar_Crosssvg-1

I was thinking if this could also be added to the brotherhood of battle homepage like maybe next to the opening picture.

sorry its not funny though.

LOL anyone the story of the Templar cause i know some of it.. i havent been continuously reading about it but i find it interesting
Back to top Go down
Cool Coyote
The Guardian
Cool Coyote

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Ideas   Suggestions and Ideas I_icon_minitime03.07.09 19:20

It's okay - I moved it under this thread as this is more a suggestion than a joke. You probably agree.

That's a nice logo, however I have nowhere to put it as it would unbalance the appearance of the site - if I added it to The Battle Brothers front page, it would take too much space at the top and would "bump" the forums and their content farther to the bottom of the page, which would be slightly messy.

Besides, this color screams out of black background a bit too much - for an example, imagine having to read through posts while you had a huge bright red cross above it all the time. It's kind of distracting and can become annoying in case there's no way to avoid it. For this same reason, I have adjusted the current title image before uploading it to the page - the original colors were slightly too bright, so I needed to edit it and shade everything a bit.

On the other hand, if I added the cross as a background image, it would cause that the text lines would be difficult to read (shades of black or dark grey and white work well in contrast, while red and white wouldn't).

Thank you for an interesting suggestion, though.
Back to top Go down
https://battle-bros.forumotion.net
MçNutNut
Senior Swordsman
MçNutNut

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Ideas   Suggestions and Ideas I_icon_minitime03.07.09 19:33

I am not sure if am misinterpreting what u are saying but I meant the picture of the knights and archers on the home page not to set the whole cross as the background of the site. I am sorry if i wasn't clear though.
Back to top Go down
Cool Coyote
The Guardian
Cool Coyote

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Ideas   Suggestions and Ideas I_icon_minitime03.07.09 19:43

MçNutNut wrote:
I am not sure if am misinterpreting what u are saying but I meant the picture of the knights and archers on the home page not to set the whole cross as the background of the site. I am sorry if i wasn't clear though.

Yes, that's what the first part of my answer to your post was all about.

Just look at that cross for awhile, reread some text below it and you may come to the conclusion that it has the potential to become annoying for yourself. Besides, I have deiced to have one title picture only at a time to keep a neat site appearance (title picture is the front page picture).
Back to top Go down
MçNutNut
Senior Swordsman
MçNutNut

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Ideas   Suggestions and Ideas I_icon_minitime03.07.09 20:07

lol i guess ur right xD its just ive always like the Templar cross .. the reason i have no clue....
Back to top Go down
Cool Coyote
The Guardian
Cool Coyote

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Ideas   Suggestions and Ideas I_icon_minitime03.07.09 20:19

MçNutNut wrote:
lol i guess ur right xD its just ive always like the Templar cross .. the reason i have no clue....

Amongst the images which I had taken into consideration for the site's title picture was also one with a lone knight Templar, wearing a white tunic over an armor embroidered with this same cross, but decided against it due incorrect dimensions.

Anyway, all suggestions as well as any fresh ideas are of course welcome at all times... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Ideas   Suggestions and Ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions and Ideas
Page 1 of 1